Theodore Evelyn Mosby.
You might have come across many posts about this guy probably always written by women about why they “luuurrveeee Teddy!” But this is something largely different because in the shoes of a bro, I see Ted more as a man from whom we can learn rather just a protagonist of two cute love stories.
1. There are many reasons why I think Ted is awesome and the first of them is, in spite of staying in the Godly presence of one Mr. Barney Stinson, he still chooses to stay Ted. Men generally admire and envy a guy when he chooses sex over love and indeed keeps ‘banging chicks’ at the top of his priority list. Such a guy is immediately imitated and followed by other bros. However, Ted doesn’t give two fucks about how uncool he would look if he doesn’t do all the cool things that Barney does. He stays who he is and I don’t think there can be anything any more manly than staying who you are.
2. What I like more about this fine man is that although he knows that he is being vulnerable while telling every girl he meets that he loves her, he still says it. Out. Loud. Some might call it stupid but I will choose the word ‘brave’ to describe this behavior because putting your heart out like that to every girl just to check if she is the one which may go awfully wrong, is indeed brave. And brave is man-ly.
3. Ted is an architect. It won’t have made him any less significant to me even if he was a plumber, a pizza delivery guy or a gym instructor. What matters is that he does some real work to earn his living unlike Barney who has enough money to spend on hoes even after buying tens of thousands of suits but probably has some shady career. For a man, working to feed himself and his family is one of the most prestigious things and Ted Mosby does the same exact thing.
4. Ted sure is looking for love and it breaks his heart every time he realizes that this girl isn’t the one. But he isn’t the mushy, pessimistic, love-lorn guy who has age-old concepts about love. While he is looking for love, he keeps scoring chicks. Hands down the manliest thing all bros would agree with.
5. Even after getting left at the altar like that fool, Ted still presses on to find someone whom he can fall in love with and marry. It’s just one perfect metaphor of how should even the worst of embarrassments and stumbling blocks not stop you from looking for what you have been looking for. It’s an essential attribute a man should posses. Its endurance.
6. When Ted decides that he wants to marry Tracy after all, he begins to worry. Remember how he sits with the gang at McLaren’s and says that he cannot buy the next round because he is saving for his wedding in France? Of course France doesn’t happen. However it is really sensible how he realizes that since he has someone to look after now, he can’t pretend to be a carefree, single bloke anymore and he saves money and keeps worrying about it which is how a man who is about to start a family should behave.
7. Theodore Evelyn Mosby restores our faith in staying with our quirks, in being original, even if it means asking out someone in a dramatic way with a blue french horn twice because instead of trying to be someone you aren’t to impress her, is better to stay whoever the fuck you are and let the right woman come by and enjoy your weirdness.